Rising Stars Tutoring Offers comprehensive services for Early Childhood, Elementary School students, and Middle School student.
- The Writing Center, teaching the essential skills of the writing process, focusing on the 6-Traits of Writing
- TouchMath: Multi-sensory approach to math that works for students of all ability levels and learning styles, helps develop math literacy and bridge the gap to memorization.
- Susan Barton’s Reading and Spelling System: Susan Barton’s Reading and Spelling System is a multi-sensory approach to reading skills and works wonderfully for students that struggle with Dyslexia and can help any child struggling with the skills of reading.
Why Rising Stars Tutoring?
- Tutoring is operated by the owner, certified Masters of Education teacher. Fifteen plus years educating children, ten years working in a classroom setting, four years teaching as a Certified teacher (Tempe Elementary School District). Certification is maintained and up-to-date with the latest, most student effective teaching strategies.
- Rising Stars is research driven and student outcome-based that earns results through successful teaching strategies.
- Rising Stars maintains close, working relationships with both parents and teachers. Rising Stars acts as an advocate for the student and parent, and as a partner with the school, to assure school expectations are met with the teacher, and make certain your child receives what is needed to be academically successful in school.
- Each student receives their own personal lessons, created by a highly qualified educator after diagnostic testing. This allows Rising Stars to fully tailor an academic plan for the students specific needs.
- Diagnostic Testing: Before the tutoring session begins, a few diagnostic evaluations are given to see where your child’s strengths and areas of improvement are and to see if Rising Stars Tutoring is a good match for your child.
- Attending Parent/Teacher Conferences: In addition to being in contact with teachers via phone and e-mail, Rising Stars Tutoring is available to attend Parent/ Teacher conferences with a Parent. Having a tutor attend conferences, allows Rising Stars to meet the teachers, better understand the teachers’ academic objectives, and to link a working relationship among parent, teacher, and tutor. Students, parents, and the teacher all benefit from this specialized service.
- Attending IEP Meetings: A student who has an Individualized Education Plan needs support from their parents, teachers, and also, a tutor, who can support the parents and help assure proper support/accommodations are being provided to their child.